Current Job Openings
Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Close Date
- 30 Mar 2019
Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Production Manager
- Conducts daily walkthroughs to determine maintenance and lighting needs
- Monitors and maintains all building systems including; cooling/heating, lighting, plumbing and ventilation
- Apply intermediate working knowledge of facilities maintenance such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing and repairs as needed.
- Ensures building & equipment are properly cleaned and in good working condition, makes minor repairs as needed
- Performs plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, using methods that include soldering, crimping, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC and fittings.
- General repairs to building and/or facility, including but not limited to painting, patching walls, replacing lamps and ballasts.
- Responsible for electrical needs such as replacing breakers, fixtures including switches and sockets as well as prevent and trouble shoot possible electric hazards.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents and chemicals, & comply with all State and Federal Regulations.
- Inspect equipment for proper safety devices/precautions are in place and machinery is safe to operate or clean.
- Responsible for the execution of a quality preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiencies according to our production time runs, safety standards, and manufacturer equipment specifications.
- Ability to work with and assist operators with trouble shooting equipment and providing guidance on proper actions to be taken. Must respond in timely manner to all red lights on the production floor.
- Assist Production Manager with budget by controlling needed equipment repairs, providing routine maintenance, and inventory of spare parts.
- Inspect machinery for optimal performance daily. Documents, schedules, and communicates needed repairs to Production Manager.
- Responsible for performing B-level mechanic duties in accordance with preventive maintenance plan
- Ability to read, write, and communicate with various audiences, i.e. vendors, employee’s executives
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, including some nights, weekends, and holidays
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools, power tools and to paint.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to perform repairs, use ladders and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- 2 years maintenance experience in one or more technical areas preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge in trade areas, tools and equipment related to building maintenance
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.